Tuesday 5 June 2007

Stern Turns Down Role In Transformers

According to Howard Stern on his radio show Monday, he turned down an offer to "voice" Frenzy since the role would just be his voice coming from the radio.

Stern: “They contracted me like a week ago. My agent said they wanted my voice on the radio, and the letter sucks me in, it goes: We feel you represent America’s icon of radio, and when that radio turns on just for a couple seconds, the audience gets to hear your voice. The crowd will go insane. And I’m like, YEAH! Then my agent gets a hold of me. It’s almost like he shakes me up and smacks me. I said to him: This movie, The Transformers, it could be a really big movie. And he goes 'So, it won't be because of you, because your f'n voice is on the radio. I thought it might be kinda cool but my agent said 'you don't want to be in the movie as an f'n voice on the radio. And I said, you know, you're right."

So there you go, everyone say thank you to Howard Stern's manager. The idea sounds fine on the surface but I am thinking in execution it would have distracted from the scene.
(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment