Wednesday 6 June 2007

IGN Cast Interview

IGN has posted an interview with Shia LaBeouf, Josh Duhamel, and Megan Fox regarding working on Transformers. Pretty much nothing new is revealed as the interviews where done in August '06 so most of it is about cheerleading the movie up to release date rather then revealing the ins and outs of doing the movie. Full interview is here.

The highlights, some spoilers:
- "They make first contact with me because of my great-great-grandfather, Captain Archibald Witwicky, who made first contact with Megatron in the 1800s and had… I don't know if I should be giving this all away!" laughs the actor, before continuing. "[He] had language and maps burned to his glasses through a laser and the glasses were passed on through lineage and they wind up with me and me trying to sell them on eBay as well as his other items, his compass and his sextant and other things a 19th century seaman would use. And they come after me to retrieve these glasses, which has the directions to where the Energon Cube is at."

- Megan describes herself as playing the "Carly" character from the animated show. "[I didn't feel it much] on my character, because she was hardly ever in the animated series so it's not like I'm taking on something that people are attached to and expect me to perform in a specific way," says Fox. "But for me it's just the realization of how huge this movie is and how many people are going to see it. And I actually, because the script was on lockdown and you couldn't really read it the whole time I was auditioning for it, I wasn't aware how big my part actually is and how much I'm in this film and how much people are going to see of me. So that's what's nerve-racking."

- "It's never been like this for me, especially not with Michael Bay," says LaBeouf. "Michael Bay's the fastest, most intense director I've ever worked with. The explosions are right here. They're not CGI. You know, the other day they had me on top of one of these buildings one-handed with wire, a wire here and a wire there and a cube here. It was insane, but that's stuff that you usually shoot CGI and Michael doesn't do CGI. He likes seeing the immediate, he likes being able to go into his trailer and go, 'You're never gonna believe what I just shot.' Rather than have to wait for the CGI to be put into greenscreen. He likes to see immediately, so things like explosions, I mean, it's all very real."

- "You know, you sit and you think, 'This isn't realistic and people are going to hate this and I feel like a f--king douchebag and I can't do it,'" laughs Fox. "But then you think nobody's even going to give a s--t. There's going to be so much happening around this that they have to tie you into the story somehow, because there are a lot of people who would just watch a movie that was nothing but robots fight[ing]. Sure, but the majority of people… I heard Shia say they want to see some sort of human interaction, human involvement, so those things have to, I think unfortunately they have to be thrown in there. And we're trying to steer away from -- we know the fans and they don't want any sappy bulls--t. We're trying to stay away from that and keep it as realistic as possible and as much about the Autobots and Decepticons as we can."

- Fox's favorite animated Transformer is Starscream and movie TF is Bumblebee. Thinks Megatron is "really sick".

- "Michael's great with me," she says. "I got really lucky. I don't know what I did in the beginning or what happened, but he is really great with me; he's great with Shia. And he yells. People always talk about how he yells, but he's not like malicious or scary when he yells. He's always half joking and he says things that if you don't have a thick skin might hurt your feelings, but if you don't have thick skin you should get out of this business anyway."

No comments:

Post a Comment