Saturday 3 March 2007

Bernie Mac on his Transformers Role

In an interview with Coming Soon, Bernie Mac briefly discusses his car salesman role in Transformers. In the film, he is the car salesman that sells Sam Witwicky the '70s Camaro that turns out to be Bumblebee near the beginning of the film.

From the interview:
"I play a used car salesman," said Mac. "And all used car salesmen are full of sh*t – scuse my French – but they're con men. And they came to my set and I sold them the Transformer; I didn't know it was the Transformer, I thought it was a piece of junk. And the first thing you do as a salesman, a car salesman – I didn't know this, I did some investigating myself – they always sell you the 'bs' cars first. It's almost like a restaurant – get rid of the food, rotate it. When they come, I didn't know what the car exists of, and I just threw them a line; I'm a fast talker, quick whit guy."
(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment