Thursday 14 December 2006

Bay Confirms Trailer December 22nd Date

Michael Bay has confirmed on shootfortheedit.com that the Transformers Teaser Trailer II is arriving in theatres December 22nd. He also mentioned that the movie wrapped $300,000 under budget (perhaps tuck that in the FX budget or feel free to send my way).

The post:

It has been awhile since I've posted. Finished shooting end of Sept., on budget, just came under $300,000. I beat Pearl by a $100,000. I had a great time making this movie, the cast and crew were amazing.

Today I just finished the new teaser for Christmas and I think it's AWESOME! The trailer mixing Guru who does all the big summer movies turned to me and said with a little more ump - it was "fucking awesome".

I think some of my films have had good teasers but this one is just makes a statement. It's hard edged to show we are not a silly "toy" movie. We show just hints of robots - and almost none of our epic shots are in this teaser, but the movie just looks big. I had a room full of 20 Tranformers adult geeks, and they all applauded at the end.

It comes out the 22nd - see it in the theater! Let me know what you think.

Michael Bay

(source)

No comments:

Post a Comment